This project is read-only.

Support for ESB Toolkit 2.1

Oct 25, 2010 at 5:27 PM

Hello there:

I was wondering would there be a version of this extensions library for ESB Toolkit 2.1? Currently for ESB Toolkit 2.0 I am using the BRE.EXT component to use custom context properties to resolve to an itinerary. But this doesn't work with toolkit version 2.1. I was wondering would this be available for 2.1 as well? 

Oct 25, 2010 at 5:30 PM

Just to add one note: I know that Microsoft didn't make the source code for ESB Toolkit 2.1 available publicly. So that might be reason for no new version? 

I am further wondering if MS didn't provide source code, then did they include this functionality of "extended" component (support for custom context properties) in their newer version?

Oct 27, 2010 at 12:01 AM
Edited Oct 27, 2010 at 12:03 AM

Yes actually We haven't posted it for CodePlex.

We built a resolver for SO-Aware, which has the updated bits. You can get the bits here: http://tellagostudios.com/resources/so-aware-sdk-samples-and-utilities
Look for the Tellago Extensions in the SDK folder.
We will post the updated bits on CodePlex along with a 64bit installer. Thanks.

To: [email removed]
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 09:30:19 -0700
Subject: Re: Support for ESB Toolkit 2.1 [esbextlibrary:232246]

Just to add one note: I know that Microsoft didn't make the source code for ESB Toolkit 2.1 available publicly. So that might be reason for no new version?
I am further wondering if MS didn't provide source code, then did they include this functionality of "extended" component (support for custom context properties) in their newer version?
Read the full discussion online.
To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (esbextlibrary@discussions.codeplex.com)
To start a new discussion for this project, email esbextlibrary@discussions.codeplex.com
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com
Oct 7, 2011 at 5:12 PM

Actually, if you download the source and recompile it in Visual Studio 2010, it should work. Before you rebuild, be sure to do the following:

1. replace some referenced DLLs with the ones that came with ESB 2.1: e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft BizTalk ESB Toolkit 2.1\Tools\Itinerary Designer\Microsoft.Practices.Services.Itinerary.Dsl.dll, Microsoft.Practices.Services.Itinerary.DslPackage.dll, & Microsoft.Practices.Modeling.*

2. replace some reference DLLs with the ones that came with Visual Studio 2010 SDK: Microsoft.VisualStudio.Modeling.Sdk.10.0.dll & Microsoft.VisualStudio.Modeling.Sdk.Integration.10.0.dll.

When deploying the resolver DLL, in addition to the steps provided in the DeploymentDirections.txt file, be sure to copy those output DLLs to the VS2010 cache, otherwise you won't see that resolver in your Itinerary Designer: C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\VisualStudio\10.0\Extensions\Microsoft\BizTalk ESB Toolkit Itinerary Designer\2.1.0.0\Lib